Suji Ka Chilo (Savoury Veggie Pancake)
|Suji||2 Cup (32 tbs) (semolina)|
|Plain yogurt||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grated yellow squash||1|
|Chopped tomatoes||2 Medium|
|Chopped cilantro||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green chilis||1 Tablespoon|
- Combine the Suji (semolina) and yogurt and let it sit for 20 minutes
- While the Suji mixture is settling together chop or grate your veggies. By the time you are done with chopping and perhaps even some of the clean up if you are quick your mixture will be ready. If you are making the kid friendly version please use a very fine grater since these don't take long to cook and you want the veggies to be thin otherwise theY will taste raw.
- Add water to the batter because the mixture will have thickened and you want the consistency to be spreadable. The amount of water will depend on how thick the batter has gotten.
- Add salt and the veggies to the batter and mix
- Heat a pan and coat with oil
- Once the pan is hot add a scoop full of the batter and spread it around so that it's not too thick
- Do not flip until the bottom is cooked and most of the batter is dried up (2-3 minutes - exact time will depend on how powerful your stove is)
- Flip your pancake and cook for a couple more minutes
- It's ready to serve - eat it plain, with chutney, or ketchup
If you are making the Kid Friendly version once you have cooked theirs add some chilies and cilantro to the batter and it will add a little spice and be great for you to eat too!