Pumpkin Pancakes with Pecan Spiced Maple Syrup
|For spiced pecan maple syrup|
|Maple syrup||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ground clove||1 Pinch|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned pumpkin puree||6 Tablespoon|
|Melted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (For greasing)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
1. In a small saucepan melt the 2 tablespoons of butter on low heat.
2. In another bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, clove, and salt.
3. In a small bowl put together milk, pumpkin puree, melted butter, vanilla and egg, and whisk well to mix.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix all together until the batter is smooth.
5. Preheat the griddle or large skillet to medium heat and rub 1 tablespoon of butter.
6. Ladle the batter on the griddle and allow to cook on each side for about 3 minutes.
7. In a saucepan, melt butter, and add in maple syrup, spices, chopped pecans, and vanilla, stir well to mix and turn off the heat.
10. Pile pancakes on serving plates, spoon the warm syrup over the pancakes and serve.