How to make Danish pancakes (Ebelskivers)- demonstrated by Betty Bannerman Busciglio and granddaughter Cameron.
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1 1⁄2 Teaspoon
2 Large, separated
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Melted unsalted butter
4 Tablespoon, divided (melted and slightly cooled)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
2. In a small bowl, lightly whisk the egg yolks, then whisk in the milk and 2 tbsp. melted butter.
3. Add in the yolk mixture to the flour mixture and stir until well blended.
4. In a clean bowl, add in the egg white and beat it using an electric mixer on high speed. Beat the egg whites until stiff, peaks form.
5. Using a silicone spatula, stir one-third of the egg whites into the batter to lighten in, fold in the rest just until no white streaks remain. Use the batter right away.
6. Heat an ebelskiver pan over medium-high heat and brush each hollow with a little melted butter.
7. Put 1 tablespoon of batter in each hollow and add in the chocolate chips. Top with a little more batter and cook for a minute or two.
8. Using chopsticks quickly turn the pancakes and cook for a minute or two on the second side.
9. Transfer Danish pancakes to a plate and top with powdered sugar or syrup. Serve and enjoy!
Danish Pancakes are a perfect surprise for your family to have for breakfast once in a while. As you can see in this video, it is popular among children and the adults love it too. So, try it out this weekend and see how it goes. Bon Appetit!
Ebelskivers-How To Cook Danish Pancakes Recipe Video