What an impressive looking breakfast these red velvet pancakes made and super easy at that! These pancakes where fluffy with that signature light chocolate taste of red velvet cake. The cream cheese glaze topped it all off so nicely.
All purpose flour
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Unsweetened cocoa powder
1 Medium, lightly beaten
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
4 Tablespoon, divided
4 Teaspoon (Red)
For cream cheese glaze
2 Ounce, softened
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (or more)
1. In a bowl, add flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and cocoa powder. Whisk them well to combine.
2. Make a well in the middle and add the buttermilk, egg and 2 tablespoons melted butter. Continue to whisk till it forms and smooth batter.
3. Add red food color 1 teaspoon at a time and mix well till incorporated and colored evenly.
4. In a large girdle, heat 2 tablespoons butter.
5. Pour ladle full of pancake batter and cook till bubbles appear on the sides.
6. Flip and continue to cook till done. Transfer on a plate.
7. GLAZE: In a bowl, mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, milk and vanilla extract. Beat till smooth and creamy.
8. In a serving platter place 1 pancake. Spread the glaze over it generously.
9. Place another pancake on top of it and spread the glaze.
10. Repeat this for all the pancakes.
11. After placing the last pancake, drizzle the glaze on top as desired.
12. In the serving plate, garnish with powdered sugar and serve the pancakes with milk or orange juice.
If you want to charm your family, try this Red Velvet Pancakes with Cream Cheese Glaze. This is an impressive looking breakfast and is super easy. The chocolate flavor gives it a nice kick and the red color makes it look very attractive. Enjoy!