Salty, sweet & savory, this tender and delicious puffed pancake is easy to make and serve for a quick weeknight dinner or a special weekend brunch.
3 Tablespoon, divided
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
All purpose flour
2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs), cubed
Apple pie filling
Shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F.
2. In a 9” glass pie plate, melt 2 tablespoons butter in oven.
3. In a large bowl, place together flour, eggs, milk and salt.
4. Using a wire whisk, beat until smooth; pour batter into pie plate.
5. Bake, uncovered, in oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
6. In a 10” skillet, melt remaining 1 tablespoon of butter until sizzling.
7. Put in ham and apple pie filling, and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until heated through.
8. Transfer the hot filling into center of hot pancake: sprinkle with cheese.
9. Allow the pie to rest for 5 minutes or until the cheese melts
10. Cut into wedges, and serve as desired.