Apple Currant Pancakes
|Rolled oats||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All purpose flour/Unbleached flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Pillsbury Best)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Margarine||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Currants/Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Applesauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Currant jelly||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1) Heat a skillet or griddle on medium-high heat to 375° F.
2) Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
3) Take a food processor bowl or blender container and process oats to flour like consistency.
4) Gently spoon flour in measuring cup and level off.
5) Take a large bowl and combine together egg and margarine. Stir until just moist.
6) Add currants and stir.
7) Pour 1/4 cup batter mixture in the hot skillet for each pancake. Spread to make a 4 inch pancake. Cook for about 1 - 1 1/2 minutes or until golden brown in color.
8) In the meanwhile, take a small saucepan and heat together applesauce, cinnamon and jelly over medium heat for about 8-10 minutes or until jelly melts and mixture turns hot, stirring constantly.
9) Pour sauce over hot pancakes and serve immediately.