Soft Buttermilk Pancakes
|Buttermilk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Sifted flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Egg whites||3 , beaten stiffly|
1. In a bowl mix buttermilk, yolks and shortening.
2. In a bowl sieve together dry ingredients.
3. Stir in buttermilk mixture and blend until smooth.
4. Fold in egg whites.
5. Use 2 tablespoon batter for each cake.
6. Bake on lightly greased hot griddle. Brown on both sides.
7. Serve hot.