2. Peel and grate butternut squash so that you get four cups of it.
3. Blanch it for one to one and a half minute.
4. Add it to a bowl of ice cold water for a few seconds.
5. Remove squash from water and let it drain on a paper towel.
6. In a pan, melt butter.
7. Cut apple and add it to the pan. Cook it on a slow flame until it browns.
8. Add one cup of maple syrup and let it cook till it becomes saucy.
9. After five minutes of cooking add brandy.
10. Cook for a few minutes or until you don’t smell the alcohol at all.
11. Grate a couple of tablespoons of onion into a small bowl.
12. Add a beaten egg and 2 tablespoons of oil to it. Whisk it well.
13. Add it to the squash mixture.
14. In a bowl, take flour. Add baking powder and salt. Mix it well.
15. Add it to the squash mixture and mix it really well.
16. In a pan, heat oil.
17. Add a quarter cup scoops of the squash mixture into the heated oil and cook it on both sides till they are browned.
18. To serve, take two pancakes on a plate, pour apple maple syrup over it and serve it with cooked bacon.
If you want to begin your day with a good bite, here is a recipe you will love! Butternut Squash Pancakes with Apple Maple Syrup is a delicious dish that can go well as a breakfast, side dish or even a light dinner. All you need to have is time on your hands and the patience to churn this dish. Bon Appetite!