Hawaiian Macadamia Nut Pancakes
|All-purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Macadamia nut||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Maple syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a mixing bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix thoroughly.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the buttermilk, butter, eggs, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
3. Combine the dry and wet mixtures till you get a lumpy batter.
4. Heat a non stick frying pan or griddle over low heat.
5. Depending on the size of the pancake you like pour a portion of the batter into the non-stick frying pan or griddle.
6. Sprinkle some of the chopped macadamia nuts onto the pancake.
7. Once the sides of the pancake begins to harden and bubbles start to appear on the top of the pancake flip it over.
8. Cook for another minute or two and remove.
For more information please visit: http://www.simplefoodie.com