|Plain flour||4 Ounce|
|White cooking fat||1 Ounce|
|Caster sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice/Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Orange pieces/Lemon chunks||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Garnish)|
1. PREPARE BATTER: In a wide bowl, sift flour and salt. Make a dent in the middle of the flour. Break open an egg into that dent. With the help of a wooden spoon, stir the egg and draw in the flour from around the side. Gradually pour in just enough milk to blend all the flour and form a thick paste. Blend very well to remove all lumps to make a smooth mixture. Add in the remaining milk gradually and stir. Whisk the batter well for about 5 minutes or until small air bubbles appear all over the surface.
2. Heat a frying pan and melt enough fat in to only just cover the bottom.
3. Using a deep spoon, pour in batter, tilt and rotate the pan to give a thin layer over the base.
4. Let it cook till the underneath is golden and the top set for about 1 minute. Cook over low flame.
5. With the help of a palette knife or toss. Cook the other side until it is golden.
6. Take a piece of sugared paper and turn the pancakes on to it. Scatter caster sugar and fruit juice over it. Roll up.
7. Upon a hot dish, serve the pancake hot.
Calories 490 Calories from Fat 192
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.9%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 129.8 mg43.3%
Sodium 453.2 mg18.9%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g21.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.2%
Sugars 17.3 g
Protein 11 g21.3%
Vitamin A 6.4% Vitamin C 27.3%
Calcium 16.8% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet