|Caster sugar||1 Ounce|
|Orange||1 , grated rind|
|Melted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Pint (scant)|
|Almonds||1 Ounce, freshly blanched and finely chopped|
|Dessert apples||6 , peeled, cored and sliced (pippin)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , grated rind and juiced|
|Orange||1⁄2 , grated rind and juiced|
|Smooth apricot jam||4 Tablespoon|
|Double cream||2 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (1 small carton)|
|Melted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Icing sugar||2 Tablespoon, sifted|
1) Make the pancake batter by adding grated orange rind with the egg and allow to stand for
2) Add the almond when you are ready to fry the pancakes.
3) For the filling: Slice the apples thick.
4) In a saucepan, add apples, lemon and orange rind and juice, and jam.
5) Place lid and cook till apples form a sauce and are thick and pulpy.
6) In a bowl, add cream and cinnamon and beat well.
7) Heat oven at 425°F or Mark 7.
8) Prepare the pancakes and gently fold in the cream into the apple mix.
9) Add the filling over each pancake and fold in four.
10) Using a brush, add melted butter over the top of the pancakes.
11) sprinkle icing sugar and place in oven for 3-5 minutes. Serve as desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2475 Calories from Fat 952
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 108 g166%
Saturated Fat 32.1 g160.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 517.3 mg172.4%
Sodium 446.8 mg18.6%
Total Carbohydrates 361 g120.2%
Dietary Fiber 35.9 g143.5%
Sugars 223.6 g
Protein 40 g80.1%
Vitamin A 57.3% Vitamin C 285.2%
Calcium 60.7% Iron 51.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet