Ginger Pear Pancake
|Pear||2 1⁄2 Ounce, cored, thinly sliced (1/2 small size, Bosc or Bartlett variety)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk baking mix||6 Tablespoon (1/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Teaspoon, divided|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|1% low fat milk||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Reduced calorie pancake syrup||2 Tablespoon (60 calories per fluid ounce)|
1) Preheat the oven to 450° F.
2) In a bowl, add pear slices, lemon juice and mix well to coat.
3) In a larger bowl, add the buttermilk baking mix, 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar and ginger. Mix and keep aside.
4) In another bowl, beat the eggs along with milk and vanilla extract. Add this into the baking mix. Mix till the batter is smooth and well combined.
5) In a 8-inch nonstick pie pan, spray cooking spray. Pour the pancake batter onto the pan. Move the pan around lightly to spread the batter out evenly.
6) Arrange the pear slices over the pancake.
7) In a bowl, mix 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle the mixture over the pear slices and a little bit over the batter.
8) Place the pan in the oven and bake the pancake for about 15 minutes until it starts to puff up and turns slightly golden brown.
9) Serve the Ginger Pear Pancake fresh out of the pan. Slice it into two halves and drizzle with the remaining pear and lemon juice syrup.
Calories 288 Calories from Fat 78
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.3%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.6%
Trans Fat 1.7 g
Cholesterol 107.8 mg35.9%
Sodium 652.2 mg27.2%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.8%
Sugars 15.5 g
Protein 7 g14.8%
Vitamin A 3.3% Vitamin C 4.7%
Calcium 12% Iron 13.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet