Potato Pancakes With Apple Sauce
|Yukon potatoes/Idaho potatoes||3 Large|
|Sweet onion||1 Large|
|Matzo meal||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Medium Grain)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Or To Taste)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For fresh applesauce|
|Apples||6 , peeled, cored and sliced (6 Cup)|
|Apple juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Lowfat sour cream||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1. In a saucepan, cook apple slices with apple juice, on low heat for about 10 to 20 minutes or until apple turn tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
2. Using a blender, blend the mixture to a smooth mixture.
3. Stir cinnamon into the mixture and mix to integrate thoroughly with apples. Keep aside the applesauce until served.
4. Using a food processor or hand, grate potatoes and onions; transfer to a large bowl.
5. Blend eggs, matzo meal, and salt with potato-onion mixture and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
6. Using hand, shape the mixture into balls. Place in the palms and flatten into round cakes.
7. In a medium saute pan, heat 1-tablespoon olive oil at medium to high heat.
8, Add 4 pancakes at a time and cook for 2 minutes, turning halfway though, until they are golden brown.
9. Transfer to paper towel to absorb excess oil, if any.
10. Repeat the process until the entire mixture has been prepared.
11. Serve pancakes hot with fresh applesauce and sour cream.