Crunchy Spinach Pancakes
|Pancake batter||1⁄2 Pint|
|For the filling:|
|Walnuts||4 Ounce, chopped (100 Gram)|
|Cream cheese||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Frozen chopped spinach||8 Ounce (1 Packet, 227 Gram)|
|Button mushrooms||4 Ounce, washed and sliced (100 Gram)|
|For the sauce:|
|Flour||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Gram)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Chicken stock cube||1⁄2|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. Make the pancakes.
2. Mix together the walnuts and cream cheese and spread a little over each pancake.
3. Peel and chop the onion. Melt the butter in a pan, add the onion and cook until soft. Meanwhile, cook the spinach according to the instructions on the packet and drain thoroughly.
4. Add the spinach and mushrooms to the onion and mix. Season.
5. Cook the spinach mixture for 10 minutes then divide between the pancakes. Roll up and keep warm.
6. To make the sauce, melt the butter in a pan, add the flour and cook, stirring continuously, for a few minutes. Add the wine and stock cube. Bring to the boil, stirring continuously, and cook for a few minutes. Stir in the chopped parsley. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
7. Pour the sauce over the pancakes and serve garnished with tomato wedges and sprigs of parsley.