|Plain flour||4 Ounce|
1. Into a bowl sift the flour and salt and make a well in the centre.
2. Into the well add the egg and a little of the milk and beat, adding extra milk to make a smooth thick batter.
3. Beat again for 2-3 minutes and with cover let it stand for as long as possible.
4. add the rest of the milk if needed.
5. To cook pancakes melt a little unsalted butter in a small frying pan enough only to give a thin film over the bottom of the pan and pour in enough batter to give a thin layer, tilting the pan so that the bottom is evenly covered.
6. Move the pan around while the pancake is cooking, loosening it from the sides of the pan.
7. Turn with a palette knife when set and lightly browned on the underside and brown the other side.
8. Serve the pancakes with your desired garnish.
You may use the pancakes as required.
Pancakes will keep hot in the oven or over a pan of hot water if stacked with a piece of greaseproof paper between each one.