Apple Bacon Pancake Pie
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Bacon||1⁄2 Pound, cooked lightly|
|Pears||2 , peeled and sliced|
|Apples||2 , peeled and sliced|
|Flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350Â° F.
2. In bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Add half of the milk and beat until smooth.
4. Add eggs and remaining milk and beat well.
5. In large frying pan, heat butter.
6. Stir in onion and partly cooked bacon and cook until onion is soft.
7. Stir in pears, apples and thyme and cook until just heated through.
8. In a 9 x 13" pan, line bottom with bacon-fruit mixture and pour the egg batter over the fruit mixture.
9. Place the pan in oven and bake for 30 minutes until golden in color.
10. Serve the pie in a plate and top with maple syrup.