|Enriched all purpose flour||7 1⁄2 Teaspoon (2 Tablespoons Plus 1 1/2 Teaspoons)|
|Double-acting baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 Large, separated|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In a small bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda together.
2. In another bowl, use a wire whisk to beat the egg white till soft and smooth peaks are forming. Set aside till required
3. In another bowl, combine the yolk, the buttermilk and the oil
4. Add the dry ingredients to the yolk buttermilk mixture and gently fold in
5. Tip the egg whites into the wet mixture and fold in very gently to prevent the mixture from going flat.
6. Spray a 12-inch skillet with nonstick cooking spray with the cooking spray and heat well
7. Form pancakes by spooning 2 tablespoons of the batter on the hot pan.
8. Cook till the edges appear dry and bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake
9. Flip and cook on the other side
10. Serve hot with butter, maple syrup and jam