Blueberry Corn Pancakes
|Unbleached all purpose flour||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Yellow corn meal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon, melted (Plus 1 Teaspoon Unsalted Butter For Greasing Skillet)|
|Unsalted butter||1 Teaspoon (For Greasing Skillet)|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh blueberries/Frozen blueberries, thawed||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Maple syrup||1 Tablespoon, warmed (As Desired)|
1) In a large bowl, mix the flour, corn meal, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
2) In another bowl, beat the eggs till soft peaks form.
3) To this, add the melted butter, honey, vanilla, and skim milk. Mix well.
4) Add to the flour mixture, stirring until the dry ingredients are almost moist.
5) Preheat a heavy griddle or skillet over medium heat.
6) When the griddle becomes hot, add 1/2 teaspoon of butter, and quickly spread it all over the surface.
7) To the griddle, pour 1/2 cup of the batter.
8) Sprinkle with some of the blueberries.
9) Cook the pancake until bubbles form.
10) Flip over and cook on the other side.
11) Repeat this procedure for the rest of the batter and blueberries. Add more butter as required.
12) Top each serving of pancake with additional blueberries, if desired. Serve with a warm syrup.