Banana Cinnamon Pancakes
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Corn oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Mashed ripe bananas||1 Cup (16 tbs) (3 Bananas)|
|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|For butter rum sauce|
|Maple syrup||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dark rum||2 Tablespoon|
1) Take a large bowl and mix together dry ingredients in it.
2) In a separate bowl, blend together milk, sugar, 2 tablespoons of oil, egg, and vanilla extract.
3) Stir this with the dry ingredients until the mixture is almost smooth.
4) Add in bananas and keep aside the batter for 20 minutes, loosely covered.
5) In a small ramekin, mix together melted butter with the remaining tablespoon oil.
6) In a nonstick skillet, over medium heat, heat a scant teaspoon of the butter and oil mixture and pour in 1/4 cup batter for each pancake.
7) Cook the pancake for about 1 minute until small bubbles form on the top.
8) Toss over the pancake and then cook for 30 to 45 seconds more.
9) Make more pancakes with rest of the batter, adding in more of the butter and oil mixture, if necessary.
10) For the Butter Rum Sauce, take a small saucepan and mix together all ingredients in it.
11) Heat the mixture over moderate heat until butter melts.
12) Serve the pancakes warm at once with butter rum sauce.