Grandma Joie's Potato Pancakes
|Onion||1 Small, quartered|
|Onion||1 Small, peeled and quartered|
|Baking potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound, peeled|
|Baking potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound, peeled and cut lengthwise into quarters (2 Pieces)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Vegetable oil spray||1|
|Nonstick vegetable oil spray||1 Tablespoon|
1) Using a food processor grate onion.
2) Grate the potato in same manner.
3) Alternately, coarsely grate onion and potato with a hand-held four-sided grater.
4) In a large bowl mix onion and potato.
5) Sprinkle salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
6) In an 8-inch nonstick skillet spray nonstick vegetable oil spray and heat moderately over high heat.
7) Add potato mixture and pat down firmly to form a 7-inch round about 1/2 inch thick.
8) Reduce heat to moderate and cook pancake for 10 to 15 minutes on each side till golden.
9) Serve hot.