Grandma Joie's Potato Pancakes
|Onion||1 Small, quartered|
|Onion||1 Small, peeled and quartered|
|Baking potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound, peeled|
|Baking potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound, peeled and cut lengthwise into quarters (2 Pieces)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Vegetable oil spray||1|
|Nonstick vegetable oil spray||1 Tablespoon|
1) Using a food processor grate onion.
2) Grate the potato in same manner.
3) Alternately, coarsely grate onion and potato with a hand-held four-sided grater.
4) In a large bowl mix onion and potato.
5) Sprinkle salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
6) In an 8-inch nonstick skillet spray nonstick vegetable oil spray and heat moderately over high heat.
7) Add potato mixture and pat down firmly to form a 7-inch round about 1/2 inch thick.
8) Reduce heat to moderate and cook pancake for 10 to 15 minutes on each side till golden.
9) Serve hot.
Calories 657 Calories from Fat 66
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.4%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g5.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 286.6 mg11.9%
Total Carbohydrates 137 g45.6%
Dietary Fiber 11.2 g44.8%
Sugars 9.4 g
Protein 16 g32.1%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 80.1%
Calcium 12.1% Iron 35.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet