Non-Fat Buttermilk Pancakes
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Non fat cottage cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Maple syrup/Honey||1 Tablespoon|
|Whole-wheat pastry flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) In a blender, put the egg whites, buttermilk, cottage cheese, honey or maple syrup and vanilla.
2) Process the ingredients till a smooth mixture is formed.
3) Add the baking powder, flour and baking soda and blend well.
4) Use no-stick spray to coat a large non-stick frying pan.
5) Heat the pan over moderate heat till it is hot.
6) Add about ¼ cup of the prepared batter to the pan for each pancake.
7) Sizzle the batter till it is lightly brown and thoroughly cooked. This takes about 3 ½ minutes on each side.
8) Serve as preferred.