Sour Milk Griddle Cakes
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sour milk/Buttermilk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter/Shortening||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
1. In a bowl mix and sift flour, baking soda, salt and sugar.
2. Combine egg and milk and add to the dry mixture.
3. Beat until free from lumps and add shortening.
4. Heat a heavy ungreased griddle well.
5. With the tip of a large spoon or from a pitcher pour batter to form round cakes of the desired size.
6. For pancakes, add 2 tablespoons extra flour to the batter and for thin cakes, add 2 tablespoons more milk.
7. When pancakes are puffed and full of bubbles, turn and brown other side.
8. Turn only once.
9. Serve with butter and maple flavored syrup, crisply browned bacon or sausages.