|Onion||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Peel and grate the potatoes then combine with the minced onion.
2) Allow to stand for about 15 minutes, drain well.
3) Lightly beat the eggs and stir into the potato mixture.
4) Stir in the flour, salt and baking powder, blend well.
5) In a skillet, add spoonfuls of the mixture in heated oil and cook until golden brown.
6) Serve immediately on the individual serving plates alongwith the cinnamon and sugar or Hot Apple-Pear Sauce or cold applesauce.
Calories 345 Calories from Fat 26
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.5%
Saturated Fat 0.88 g4.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.7 mg35.2%
Sodium 589.9 mg24.6%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.3%
Dietary Fiber 8 g31.9%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 11 g22.7%
Vitamin A 2.6% Vitamin C 114.1%
Calcium 10.4% Iron 20.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet