Low Fat Pancakes
|Skim milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Dash|
|Grated nutmeg||1 Teaspoon|
|Unbleached flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (White Or Whole-Wheat, Heaping)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a small dry bowl, add egg and egg white and beat using a wire whisk until well blended.
2. Add remaining ingredients together and whisk quickly until flour is just moistened.
3. In the mean time, grease a non-stick pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
4. Ladle ¼ cup of batter into pan and swirl quickly to spread evenly.
5. Cook for 3-4 minutes until bottom is browned and top begins to bubble.
6. Flip over with a pancake turner and brown on other side.
7. Remove onto a plate and repeat with remaining batter.
8. Serve hot, sprinkled with confectioner's sugar, or with fruit preserves, or maple syrup if you like.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 708 Calories from Fat 76
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.4%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g17%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 217.3 mg72.4%
Sodium 788.4 mg32.9%
Total Carbohydrates 122 g40.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.8%
Sugars 17.2 g
Protein 34 g67.2%
Vitamin A 5.4% Vitamin C 5.1%
Calcium 78.3% Iron 44.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet