Rich Orange Pancakes
|Plain flour||100 Gram|
|Unsalted butter||175 Gram|
|Grated orange rind||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||45 Milliliter|
|Sifted icing sugar||225 Gram|
1) Into a bowl, sieve together the salt and flour.
2) Add the egg with the milk and oil and blend well.
3) In an 8-inch pan, heat some oil and then drop 2 tablespoons of the mixture into the pan. Tilt and rotate so as to evenly spread out the batter.
4) Cook for about a minute and then turn over. Cook the other side for another minute.
5) Turn out the cooked pancake and make 7 more pancakes.
6) Cream the butter along with the orange rind. Beat in as much orange juice as possible. Add the icing sugar and beat well.
7) Divide the filling properly between the pancakes. Spread the filling evenly and fold each pancake in four.
8) To freeze the pancakes, wrap them in double thickness of foil, seal, label and freeze.
9) To cook the frozen pancakes, heat some butter in a frying pan and add the stuffed pancakes. Gently fry for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
10) Place on a serving dish and sprinkle some icing sugar all over.
11) Serve immediately.
Calories 1465 Calories from Fat 764
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 87 g133.4%
Saturated Fat 49.7 g248.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 308.9 mg103%
Sodium 348.7 mg14.5%
Total Carbohydrates 166 g55.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.3%
Sugars 120.2 g
Protein 12 g24.2%
Vitamin A 51.4% Vitamin C 52.8%
Calcium 23.7% Iron 4.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet