Special Hot Cakes
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Corn meal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bran flakes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
1. Into a large batter bowl, sift the flour, corn meal, salt, soda and baking powder and mix in the wheat flour and bran flakes.
2. Add the eggs and buttermilk and beat with a wire whisk into a thick batter.
3. Heat a large non stick griddle or pan
4. Use a large tablespoon to drop the batter into the pan.
5. Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until evenly browned.
6. Use a pancake turner to remove onto a warm platter.
7. Place the pancakes in a warm oven till you fry remaining pancakes.
8. Serve the pancakes with hot apple sauce or maple syrup.