Whole Wheat Hot Cakes
|Whole wheat bread flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Baking powder/1 yeast cake dissolved in 1/4 cup warm milk||3 Teaspoon|
|Sweet milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsulphured molasses||1 Teaspoon|
|Wheat germ||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a large basin, sieve flour with baking powder and salt and mix in the wheat germ
2. In a measuring jar, beat egg and mix well with milk, oil, molasses and honey.
3. If yeast is used, add to liquid mixture.
4. Pour liquid into dry ingredients.
5. Stir gently to make a smooth batter.
6. Heat a griddle lightly greased with oil.
7. Drop batter by spoonfuls, 2-3 inches apart, to make cakes of desired size.
8. Cook until cakes are bubbly on top, then flip over with pancake turner and brown on the other side.
9. Stack and serve hot with butter and syrup.
Calories 527 Calories from Fat 142
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.8%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 78.9 mg26.3%
Sodium 654.4 mg27.3%
Total Carbohydrates 81 g27.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.5%
Sugars 45.5 g
Protein 15 g29.9%
Vitamin A 5.3% Vitamin C 3.3%
Calcium 50.6% Iron 18.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet