Cauliflower Pancake Gateau
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk and water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), mixed|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Heavy cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped chives||2 Tablespoon|
1) Take a large bowl, sieve flour and sprinkle salt in it.
2) Cut the cauliflower into small florets and boil in salted water for 15 minutes.
3) Beat in egg and half of the milk and water to make a smooth paste.
4) Add the remaining mixture as you beat in continuously.
5) Take a pan and heat oil in it.
6) Scoop 2 or 3 tablespoons of batter and drop in the center of the pan.
7) Rotate the pan in all directions so as to spread the batter in the pan.
8) Fry one side of the pancake for a minute and turn it with a palette knife and fry the other side.
9) Cook the rest of the batter to make similar pancakes one by one and keep them warm in a dish.
10) Take out the boiled florets of cauliflower, mash them with a fork and mix with cream and margarine.
11) Make a sandwich of pancake with the cauliflower filling inside.
12) Garnish with the remaining butter or margarines, sprinkle some chives and serve hot.
13) Pancakes can be stored in refrigerator for later use.
14) If you are not serving the pancake gateau immediately, you may reheat the pancakes in an oven at 375 degree F, gas mark 5, for 40 minutes and serve hot with melted butter and chives garnishing.