Camp Out Chili With Corn Pancakes
|Canned chili con carne||2 Pound (2 Cans, 1 Pound Each)|
|Beer||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided|
|Corn muffin mix||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a medium heavy bottomed saucepan, mix chili con carne with 1/2 cup beer.
2. Simmer on a medium flame until thick, adding more beer if required.
3. In the meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, whisk remaining beer and egg.
4. Add muffin mix to the egg mixture and stir to get a smooth batter.
5. Grease a griddle with oil or fat and heat.
6. When hot, drop 1/4cup of the batter to form pancakes.
7. Brown the pancakes well for 3-4 minutes per side.
8. Serve 2 to 3 pancakes per serving, topped with the chili con carne.