Camp Out Chili with Corn Pancakes
|Canned chili con carne||2 Pound (2 Cans, 1 Pound Each)|
|Beer||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided|
|Corn muffin mix||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a medium heavy bottomed saucepan, mix chili con carne with 1/2 cup beer.
2. Simmer on a medium flame until thick, adding more beer if required.
3. In the meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, whisk remaining beer and egg.
4. Add muffin mix to the egg mixture and stir to get a smooth batter.
5. Grease a griddle with oil or fat and heat.
6. When hot, drop 1/4cup of the batter to form pancakes.
7. Brown the pancakes well for 3-4 minutes per side.
8. Serve 2 to 3 pancakes per serving, topped with the chili con carne.
Calories 454 Calories from Fat 155
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.5%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 85.1 mg28.4%
Sodium 1289.8 mg53.7%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.5%
Dietary Fiber 8.8 g35.4%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 20 g39.5%
Vitamin A 19.3% Vitamin C 5.3%
Calcium 15% Iron 34.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet