Crispy Cheese Pancakes
|Plain flour||100 Gram|
|Dried egg powder||30 Milliliter|
|Frying oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Cheese curd||225 Gram|
|Cheddar cheese||100 Gram, grated|
|Dried thyme||5 Milliliter|
1. Sift the flour and dried egg into a bowl. Gradually blend in the milk to make a smooth batter. Stir in the water.
2. Heat a little oil in a small frying pan, then pour off into a jug to leave the pan lightly greased. Pour in sufficient batter to coat the pan thinly. Cook until golden brown on the bottom. Turn the pancake out of the pan. Make 7 more pancakes in the same way, cooking on one side only.
3. Mix the curd and Cheddar cheeses together. Blend the dried egg and water to a smooth cream and stir into the cheeses with the thyme and seasoning.
4. Place a spoonful of cheese mixture on the cooked side of a pancake, fold the edges of the pancake over to enclose the filling completely. Repeat with the remaining pancakes and filling.
5. Melt half the butter in a large frying pan, put in 4 pancakes, join underneath and fry until golden. Turn and fry on the other side. Remove from the pan and drain on kitchen paper. Fry the remaining pancakes in the same way, using the remaining butter. Serve hot.