Rich American Pancakes
|Self raising flour||100 Gram|
|Milk||200 Milliliter (full fat)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (to fry)|
|Caster sugar||1 Tablespoon (to dust)|
1) Break the egg into a clean bowl and whisk lightly. Add the flour and salt and mix well.
2) To make the pancake mix, gradually whisk in the milk. Continue to whisk a few minutes to remove most of any lumps. Pass the batter through a fine strainer into another clean bowl, cover with cling film and allow to stand in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
3) Cut the lemon into wedges, remove any pips and save until later.
4) Remove the batter from the fridge, take off the cling film and give it a quick stir.
5) Heat a small frying pan over a medium heat on the hob and add some oil. When the oil is hot, add enough batter to just cover the bottom of the pan. Swirl the pan around to get an even-sized pancake.
6) Allow the pancake to cook for a few, until lightly colored underneath. Then, turn the pancake over to cook the other side.
7) Once the pancake is cooked, fold it and transfer on to a warmed plate.
8) Sprinkle the still hot pancakes with some little caster sugar and serve immediately and with a wedge of lemon on the side for added taste. Butter, maple syrup, jam and honey also make good companions to the rich and sweet pancakes.
This video is a creation of cookeryskills. You can visit cookeryskills for complete recipes, and more videos.
Calories 795 Calories from Fat 543
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g94.3%
Saturated Fat 9.9 g49.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 115.7 mg38.6%
Sodium 838.8 mg35%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.9%
Sugars 13.1 g
Protein 12 g23.3%
Vitamin A 4.6% Vitamin C 37.2%
Calcium 31.3% Iron 16.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet