Easy Cheese Pancakes
|For pan cake batter|
|Flour||7 Ounce (200 Gram)|
|Milk||18 Fluid Ounce (1/2 Liter)|
|Oil||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Comte cheese/Gruyere cheese||11 Ounce (300 Gram)|
|Double cream||7 Fluid Ounce (200 Milliliter)|
|Grated nutmeg||4 Pinch|
1. Prepare the pancake batter: sift the flour into a bowl. Make a well in the centre and break the eggs into it, then add the oil, pinch of salt and 60 ml (2 fl oz) milk. Beat vigorously with a wooden spoon until smooth. Stir in the remaining milk a little at a time. Let rest for 1 hour.
2. Remove the crust of the cheese and cut it into strips.
3. Preheat the oven to 140°C (275°F; gas mark 1).
4. Cook the pancakes: heat the oil in a frying pan, and, when the pan is very hot, pour in just enough batter to cover the base of the pan thinly. Cook each pancake, turning to cook both sides, for 3 minutes. Rub the frying pan with oil when necessary. Fill the pancakes with the strips of cheese and fold them over to form a triangle. Leave them on the heat for a few seconds so that the cheese melts. As soon as each pancake is ready, place in an ovenproof dish and keep warm in the oven, leaving the door ajar.
5. Beat the cream with a whisk, add the grated nutmeg. Season and place in the freezer for 2 minutes. Serve the very cold cream with the hot pancakes.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3509 Calories from Fat 2234
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 249 g382.6%
Saturated Fat 16 g79.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 861.2 mg287.1%
Sodium 1999.4 mg83.3%
Total Carbohydrates 185 g61.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.8%
Sugars 30.1 g
Protein 142 g283%
Vitamin A 20.7% Vitamin C 0.13%
Calcium 68.9% Iron 62.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet