Pancakes With Stir-Fried Vegetables
|Water||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Groundnut oil||60 Milliliter (4 Tablespoon)|
|Dried chinese black mushrooms||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Dried wood ear||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Light soy sauce||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Chinese rice wine/Dry sherry||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Sesame oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Fresh root ginger||1⁄2 Inch, cut into thin shreds|
|Canned sliced bamboo shoots||3 Ounce, drained, rinsed (75 Gram)|
|Bean sprout||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Spring onions||4 , finely shredded|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Chinese pancakes||8 (For Serving)|
|Hoisin sauce||2 Tablespoon (For Serving)|
1. Whisk the eggs, water and seasoning in a small bowl. Heat 15ml/1 tbsp of the groundnut oil in a wok and swirl it around. Pour in the eggs, then tilt the wok so that they spread to an even layer. Continue to cook over a high heat for about 2 minutes until set. Turn on to a board and, when cool, roll up and cut into thin strips. Wipe the wok clean.
2. Meanwhile put the black mushrooms and wood ears into separate bowls. Pour over enough warm water to cover, then leave to soak for 20-30 minutes until soft. Drain the dried mushrooms, reserving their soaking liquid. Squeeze the excess liquid from each of them.
3. Remove the tough stalks and thinly slice the black mushrooms. Finely shred the wood ears. Set aside. Strain the reserved soaking liquid through muslin into a jug; reserve 120ml/4fl oz/1/2 cup of the liquid. In a bowl, blend the cornflour with the reserved liquid, soy sauce, rice wine or sherry and sesame oil.
4. Heat the wok over a medium heat, add the remaining groundnut oil and swirl it around. Add the wood ears and black mushrooms and stir-fry for about 2 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, bamboo shoots and beansprouts and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
5. Pour in the cornflour mixture and cook, stirring, for 1 minute until thickened. Add the spring onions and omelette strips and toss gently. Adjust the seasoning, adding more soy sauce, if needed. Serve at once with the Chinese pancakes and hoi-sin sauce.