Potato Pancakes Prepared With Beer And Sour Cream
|Baking potatoes||4 Large|
|Yellow onion||1 Medium|
|Eggs||2 , slightly beaten|
|Beer||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Sour cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Peel and coarsely grate the potatoes. Drain well in a colander over a bowl for a few minutes. Reserve the liquid.
2. Transfer potatoes to another bowl. Skim milky, foamy residue from drained liquid and add it back to the potatoes.
3. Grate the onion into the bowl with the potatoes. Stir in eggs, beer, flour, salt, and pepper.
4. In a heavy skillet heat 1/4 inch oil. When the oil is hot, spoon 1/2 cup of potato mixture per pancake into the skillet. Make a few at a time, being careful they don't run into each other.
5. Fry on both sides until golden brown (about 4 to 6 minutes total) and drain on paper towel. Keep them warm while preparing the others. Serve hot with dollops of sour cream.