Hoisin Chicken Pancakes
|Hoisin sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Ginger root||1 Inch, peeled and finely grated (2.5 Centimeter)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Skinless chicken thighs||4|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 , peeled|
|Pancakes||12 (Chinese Variety)|
|Onions spring||6 , trimmed and cut lengthways into fine shreds|
|Sweet chili sauce||2 Tablespoon (Dipping Sauce, To Serve)|
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/ 375°F/Gas Mark 5. In a non-metallic bowl, mix the hoisin sauce with the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil and seasoning.
2. Add the chicken thighs and turn to coat in the mixture. Cover loosely and leave in the refrigerator to marinate for 3-4 hours, turning the chicken from time to time.
3. Remove the chicken from the marinade and place in a roasting tin. Reserve the marinade. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes basting occasionally with the marinade.
4. Cut the cucumber in half lengthways and remove the seeds by running a teaspoon down the middle to scoop them out. Cut into thin batons.
5. Place the pancakes in a steamer to warm or heat according to packet instructions. Thinly slice the hot chicken and arrange on a plate with the shredded spring onions, cucumber and pancakes.
6. Place a spoonful of the chicken in the middle of each warmed pancake and top with pieces of cucumber, spring onion, and a little dipping sauce. Roll up and serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3658 Calories from Fat 997
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 116 g178.7%
Saturated Fat 35.4 g177%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 601.4 mg200.5%
Sodium 3675.7 mg153.2%
Total Carbohydrates 480 g160%
Dietary Fiber 16.5 g66.1%
Sugars 158 g
Protein 184 g368.8%
Vitamin A 67.6% Vitamin C 35.2%
Calcium 82.8% Iron 134.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet