|Lean chuck||2 1⁄4 Pound, ground|
|Seasoned salt||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Seasoned pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Packaged pancake mix||1 Cup (16 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed)|
Day before, if desired:
1. In 3-quart bowl mix well chuck, seasoned salt, onion, seasoned pepper, and Tabasco. Pat meat into paper-thin 4-inch patties. (A 4-inch round cookie cutter may be used.)
2. Place patties, 24 to 28 of them, on wax paper on cookie sheets; refrigerate until needed next day.
About 45 minutes before serving:
1. Mix up twice the recipe for thinner pancakes as directed on pancake-mix label; refrigerate batter.
2. Line 2 jelly-roll pans or cookie sheets with several layers of paper towels.
3. In heated, lightly greased large skillet or electric fry pan, start making 24 to 28 4-inch pancakes, removing each as cooked to jelly-roll pan in warm place; cover with foil.
4. When half of pancakes are made, start sauteing meat patties in a second large skillet 30 seconds or so on the first side, a few seconds on the other side; then remove to second jelly-roll pan in warm place; cover with foil.
5. When all pancakes and patties are done, fold one edge of each pancake about one-third of the way over each patty, as pictured, pressing down and holding together for a moment. Then quickly whisk them out to the buffet table.
6. Guests help themselves to this finger-food, no knives or forks needed, and to an assortment of relishes, if desired.