Gluten Free Protein Pancakes
|Protein powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Coconut milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (unsweetened)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Strawberries||1 Pint, trimmed|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juice extracted|
- Preheat a griddle pan over medium high heat.
- In a blender combine the strawberries, lemon juice and honey. Puree until smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, coconut milk and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl whisk the protein powder, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Stir until well combined. Be sure to break up any lumps.
- Grease up your griddle with a pat of butter or a spoonful of coconut oil.
- In batches, using a ladle, spoon some of the batter onto the griddle. When bubbles begin to form on the top of the pancake, flip and let cook another minute.
- Serve warm topped with strawberry sauce instead of syrup.
Calories 250 Calories from Fat 85
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.5%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 141 mg47%
Sodium 404.7 mg16.9%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.5%
Sugars 13.2 g
Protein 23 g46.6%
Vitamin A 21.1% Vitamin C 187.7%
Calcium 29.7% Iron 38.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet