Wegmans Executive Chef Russell Ferguson teach you an easy way to cook seafood on the grill. This is a simple. effective and tasty receipe for clams and oysters without the mess of steaming them on the stove. It keeps the heat outside in the summer and clean up is as easy as it gets.
12 Large, in the shell, scrubbed
1 Bag (1 kg) (Food You Feel Good About Littleneck Clams)
1. Preheat grill on HIGH 10 min.
2. Rinse clams well under cold running water; discard any that are broken or open.
3. Clean grill with wire brush.
4. Place clams on grill. Cook until clams open, 5-7 min. Discard any unopened clams. Remove clams with tongs; serve immediately.
5. Place oysters directly on grill with flat side up; close cover. Cook 6-8 min, until oysters open.
6. Remove oysters from grill as they open, discarding any oysters that do not open. Finish prying them open by carefully running a knife along shell edge. Discard top shell.
7. Mist cooked clams with vinegar spritzer and serve with melted butter if you like.
8. Mist cooked oysters with vinegar spritzer and serve with a drizzle of basting oil and minced shallots if you like.
For additional smoked flavor, use Hickory Smoke Chips on your grill.