Lousiana Style Fried Oyster Sandwich
|Oysters||20 Ounce, drained (in 2 jars)|
|Sourdough bread slices||6|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (to taste)|
|Lettuce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (to taste)|
|Garlic clove||1 Medium|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Paprika||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for pan frying)|
|Cocktail remoulade sauce||4 Tablespoon (to taste)|
|Potato chips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Place the oysters in a bowl and cover with kitchen paper towel to absorb any liquid.
2. In a bowl, stir and mix well flour, red paprika, crushed black pepper, white pepper and kosher salt.
3. In a dish crack an egg, add a little water and beat well with a spoon.
4. Dredge the oyster in flour mixture, then in the egg mixture and again in the flour mixture.
5. Cook in a shallow frying pan with 1/2 cup hot oil until brown and crisp and drain on paper towel.
6. To assemble the sandwich, on a serving plate arrange 4 pieces of sourdough bread and drizzle over olive oil.
7. Cut the tip off a garlic clove, rub over the bread slices and broil or toast for a couple of minutes.
8. Cut the ends off a red onion make 3 slices and separate the rings.
9. On the toasted bread slices spread the cocktail remoulade sauce over one side of 2 breads.
10. Place the onion rings over the other two bread slices and the lettuce on the sauce coated slices.
11. Place the oysters over the onion rings and seal the sandwiches together.
12. Serve with potato chips or crispies.
Calories 2045 Calories from Fat 1101
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 124 g191.2%
Saturated Fat 24.6 g123%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 251.7 mg83.9%
Sodium 2122.3 mg88.4%
Total Carbohydrates 182 g60.6%
Dietary Fiber 12.2 g48.9%
Sugars 12.5 g
Protein 57 g113.3%
Vitamin A 66% Vitamin C 92.3%
Calcium 15.8% Iron 136.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet