Bell Pepper- 1no., chopped
Celery- 1 cup, chopped
Garlic- 1 pod
French Bread- 1 whole loaf (1/2 soaked in oyster juice and 1/2 made into bread crumbs)
Parmesan Cheese- 1 cup
Paprika- 1/4 cup
Bread Crumbs- 1/4 cup
Oyster Juice- 1 pint
Butter- 1/2 pound
Parsley- 1/2 cup, chopped
Green Onions- 1/2 cup, chopped
Lemon Juice- 1 tablespoon
Thyme- 1 teaspoon
Tabasco- 6 drops
Salt- to taste
Pepper- to taste
Oysters- 4 pints, 2 pints chopped for dressing and 2 pints to put in shells
Shrimp- 2 pounds, cooked and chopped
1) Preheat oven to 450°
2) In a saucepan, melt butter, and saute onions, bell pepper, celery and garlic, until soft.
3) Stir in shrimp and oyster juice and cook 7 minutes.
4) Mix the oysters and cook only 4 minutes.
5) Put soaked French bread, parsley, green onions, lemon juice, thyme and other seasonings.
6) Stir constantly and cook for 10 minutes.
7) Take the pan off the heat, and cool.
8) Arrange each oyster in each of the cleaned oyster shells.
9) Season with salt and pepper.
10) Cover each oyster with the cooled dressing, thinly and completely using your hands.
11) Place shells on baking sheet.
12) Dredge the shells lightly with the cheese mixture.
13) Bake in the oven for 18 minutes or until golden on the top.
14) Serve hot garnished with chopped parsley.