Spiced Oysters Johnny Reb
Parsley- 1/2 cup, finely chopped
Green Onions- 1/2 cup, chopped
Worcestershire Sauce- 1 tablespoon
Lemon Juice- 2 tablespoons
Butter or Oleo- 1/2 cup, melted
Cream- 3/4 cup
Breadcrumbs - 1/4 cup
Paprika- to taste
Butter- for coating
Flour- for dusting
1) Preheat oven to 375°F.
2) Lightly coat the inside of shallow baking dish with butter.
3) Arrange half of oysters in single layer, in the baking dish.
4) Dredge half of, parsley, onions, seasoning, lemon juice, butter and crumbs.
5) Repeat layer with remaining oysters and seasoning, leaving crumbs.
6) Spoon cream evenly all over the dish.
7) Dredge the top with crumbs and paprika.
8) Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until firm.
9) Serve hot with freshly sliced bread if desired.