Oyster Spinach Casserole
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
|Sliced fresh mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Minced green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Frozen spinach||20 Ounce, chopped (2 Packets)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1 Dash|
|Oysters||2 Can (20 oz), drained, rinsed|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fine dry breadcrumbs||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350F. Coat a 10X6X2-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2) Spray cooking oil over a medium skillet. Heat over medium flame. Add in the mushrooms, green onions and garlic. Saute till they soften. Drain the mixture.
3) In another skillet, cook the spinach as per its packet instructions. Do not add any salt. Drain the spinach and keep aside.
4) In a medium saucepan, melt margarine. Over low flame add in flour. Keep stirring to get a smooth mixture. Cook the mixture for 1 minute, stirring continuously.
5) Slowly add in the milk. Turn up the heat to medium. Whisk well till the mixture becomes thick and bubbly.
6) Add in lemon juice, nutmeg and white pepper.
7) Take the sauce off the heat. Add in the mushroom mixture along with the spinach. Stir well.
8) Transfer the mixture into the baking dish. Place the oysters over the mixture. Sprinkle the top with cheese and breadcrumbs.
9) Bake the dish uncovered for about 20 minutes till the edges of the oysters curl up.
10) Serve the Oyster Spinach Casserole garnished with pimiento strips. Serve hot.
Calories 309 Calories from Fat 93
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g16.1%
Saturated Fat 3 g14.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 78.9 mg26.3%
Sodium 463.4 mg19.3%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.7%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 26 g52.5%
Vitamin A 344.8% Vitamin C 37.3%
Calcium 37.5% Iron 61%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet