Superb Scalloped Oysters
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Coarse cracker crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Season all||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Celery salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Coarsely ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Onion powder||1 Dash|
|Cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Oyster liquor||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Parsley flakes||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Drain the oysters and reserve the liquor.
3) In a bowl, combine the melted butter, cracker crumbs, Season-All, celery salt, pepper and onion powder together.
4) In a buttered 2-quart shallow baking dish, spread 1/3 crumb mixture
and cover with 1/2 the oysters.
5) Then repeat to make a second layer of crumb mixture and oysters.
6) In a bowl, combine the cream, oyster liquor and Worcestershire sauce; then pour over the oysters.
7) Mix the remaining crumbs with parsley flakes and sprinkle on top of the oysters.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until the oysters are thoroughly heated and crumbs are golden brown.
9) Serve the Superb Scalloped Oysters, straight from the oven.