Kumamoto Oysters With Pineapple Vinegar
|Pineapple||1 , peeled and cored|
|Rice vinegar||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Junmai)|
|Champagne vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green yuzu kosho||1 Teaspoon|
|Nori powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
3. In a blender, grind pineapple along with the vinegars.
4. Transfer into a jar, Close lid and shake like a salad dressing and then let stand for at least one day at room temperature.
5. Decant 2 tablespoons of vinegar off the top of pineapple puree and keep into a small mixing bowl.
6. Put in yuzu kosho and mix well. Allow it to stand for 5 minutes; strain through a fine mesh sieve.
7. Put in nori powder and mix.
8. Using an appropriate oyster knife, shuck the oysters.
9. Keep them on a bed of shaved ice on a plate for final presentation.
10. Spoon vinegar over the oysters and serve immediately.
Image Courtesy: tangandbolster.blogspot.com