Scalloped Oysters Chablis
|Cracker crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Oysters||1 Pint, well drained|
|Chablis/Other white dinner wine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (California)|
|White wine/California chablis||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cream/Evaporated milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 425° F before baking.
2) Combine crumbs and melted butter.
3) Take a shallow 10x6x2-inches baking dish and layer the crumbs mixture over the bottom of it.
4) Top with half the oysters and sprinkle with seasonings.
5) Continue adding layers of crumbs, oysters and seasoning.
6) Finish with a layer of crumbs and then pour over wine.
7) Mix in cream and then top with cheese.
8) Bake for about 20 minutes in preheated oven until done.
9) Serve hot.