Oyster Pan Roast
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Oyster liquid||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shucked oysters||1 Pound (1 Pint)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Toasted white bread slices||4|
|White bread slice||4 , toasted|
1. In a large skillet, melt the butter over moderate heat, but don’t brown it.
2. Add the oyster liquor to the butter.
3. Cook for 30 seconds, till it is heated through.
4. Now add the oysters, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne, salt, pepper, and a generous squeeze of lemon juice.
5. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 1 to 2 minutes, till the oysters plump and puff up.
6. In shallow soup dishes, place the toast triangles.
7. With a spoon, put the oysters on the toast.
8. Pour the broth and serve right away.