|Minced green onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green pepper||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), minced|
|Celery||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), minced|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Tabasco sauce||2 Drop|
1) Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2) Over the deep half of a shell, place 2 drained oysters. Repeat with all the shells.
3) In a large baking pan or 6 shallow casseroles, spread a layer of rock salt and place the prepared oyster shells.
4) In a skillet, saute the bacon until crisp, then remove, drain well and crumble the bacon.
5) In the skillet drippings, saute the onion, celery and green pepper until just tender.
6) Stir in the Worcestershire, lemon juice and Tabasco, mix well.
7) Spoon the mixture into the filled oysters shells and sprinkle with the crumbled bacon.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
9) Serve immediately.