|Minced green onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green pepper||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), minced|
|Celery||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), minced|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Tabasco sauce||2 Drop|
1) Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2) Over the deep half of a shell, place 2 drained oysters. Repeat with all the shells.
3) In a large baking pan or 6 shallow casseroles, spread a layer of rock salt and place the prepared oyster shells.
4) In a skillet, saute the bacon until crisp, then remove, drain well and crumble the bacon.
5) In the skillet drippings, saute the onion, celery and green pepper until just tender.
6) Stir in the Worcestershire, lemon juice and Tabasco, mix well.
7) Spoon the mixture into the filled oysters shells and sprinkle with the crumbled bacon.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
9) Serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1332 Calories from Fat 344
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.9%
Saturated Fat 8.8 g44.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 775.6 mg258.5%
Sodium 1862.1 mg77.6%
Total Carbohydrates 89 g29.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18.1%
Sugars 5.9 g
Protein 149 g298.8%
Vitamin A 109% Vitamin C 368.9%
Calcium 21.1% Iron 445.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet