Simple Escalloped Oysters
|Fine cracker/Toasted bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Drain liquor from oysters and reserve.
2. Be sure oysters are free from shell and sand.
3. Place 1 layer of oysters in large baking dish, sprinkle with salt and cover with layer of crumbs.
4. Repeat with another layer of oysters, salt and crumbs.
5. Dot with butter.
6. Pour on reserved oyster liquor and add milk just to the top layer of oysters.
7. Bake in moderate oven (350°F.) until edges of oysters curl and top is browned.
8. Serve hot.