|Uncooked rice||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Clam juice||1 Quart (Bottled)|
|Heavy cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Chopped parsley||1 Teaspoon|
1) Simmer rice in clam juice until soft and then add in butter.
2) Force the rice through a sieve.
3) Chop and blend oysters and then add in the rice.
4) Stir in cream and season with salt, pepper, and Tabasco.
5) Heat it so that it starts to boil.
6) Add 6 oysters and let it cook unti lthe edges curl.
7) Stir in cognac and let it simmer in the soup for 1-2 minutes.
8) Garnish with chopped parsley and serve in heated cups along with crisp Melba toast.