Oysters A La Carnival
|Onions||3 , minced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Toasted bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oyster shells||1 Dozen|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Shell the oysters and reserve the shells and liquid.
2. Chop the oysters.
3. Boil the shells and scrub clean. Keep aside for serving.
4. Preheat the oven to 400-425°F.
5. In a large skillet, melt the lard over a medium low flame.
6. Add the onion, garlic, bay lead and thyme and sauté until the onions are soft.
7. Add the chopped oysters and reserved liquid and sauté for 30 minutes until oyster mixture is free of moisture.
8. Add butter and crumbs to the mixture and sauté well.
9. On a baking sheet, arrange the oyster shells.
10. Spoon the mixture into each shell.
11. Combine the bread crumbs and butter.
12. Sprinkle over the oysters.
13. Just before serving, bake in preheated oven for a few minutes lightly browned.
14. Arrange on a serving platter and serve immediately with lemon wedges on the side.